Wednesday 5 March 2014

20th Century Craft-Room

Time for a new challenge over at Craft-Room and for this fortnight Zoe is asking us to look back to the  20th Century for inspiration and she would like us to say how we have been inspired for our project. Well mine was quite an easy choice as my mum and I are putting together a heritage album of her childhood and family photos. The pages I chose to share are of my mum at her dancing school when she was young - she can't remember exact dates but it would have been late 50's early 60's. 
 The photos are black and white but my mum vividly remembers the colours of her dresses which I've journalled on the pages. 

The dress in the top photo is yellow and lilac, and on the bottom one it was blue so I've added some patterned paper to reflect this. The photos are large so I've kept embellishments to a minimum to not over crowd the pages.  

Don't forget to check our rules page and I hope you join us for this great challenge theme...Happy Crafting Esther xx

5 comments:

  1. You are very like your Mother aren't you? Such treasure to pass onto future generations, love these pages. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos in your pages - love the papers too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. another beautiful vintage Lo Esther, Debi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts Esther and lovely photos of your mum.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout - really balanced, nice heirloom x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails