Sunday 5 October 2014

Anything Goes at Fashionable stamping

Hi - We have a nice easy challenge theme over at Fashionable Stamping this fortnight - Anything Goes !! As long as the focal point is stamping you are free to create and share whatever you are inspired to - My contribution is another Journal 52 page, the theme was 'Art for a Cause' - 
The background is created by firstly gluing down tags, applying a layer of gesso and then colouring with Derwent inktense sticks and washing with water. Once I'd got the colours I wanted I stamped dots (Hero Arts) and script (Tim Holtz) with white stazon, and randomly applied Rock Candy distress crackle paint. Once dried I rubbed some gesso into the cracks and wiped away the access with a baby wipe - this isn't really clear on the pics. I then added stamped flourishes (Indigo Blu) round the edge.
 I stamped the silhouette image on tissue paper, painted some areas white on the reverse and then glued it to the dried background. 
I recently picked up some tiny Dovecraft letter stamps and they are my current favourite way of adding text to my pages.

As always my fellow FSC teamies have created some beautiful works of art so please head over and check them out. I hope you feel inspired to join our challenge - Don't forget we are a stamping challenge and we especially need to see that the stamping is the focal point on the project and that this must follow the format of the theme. NO Digi stamps please, but digi downloads are ok to enhance your project. Our sponsor is Flonzcraft and the winner chosen at random will receive a voucher for $20 - we also give special mention to our top 3. Happy Crafting....Esther xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Esther...I am so enjoying your journaling journey this year! So creative. And this is a gorgeous page!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page Esther, super quote.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal page Esther, love the soft colours with all that texture.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther your journalling page is awesome. Love the delicate colours and the quote is perfect.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal page Esther and the colour palette is gorgeous too

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails