Wednesday 4 February 2015

Coffee Time

I'm still playing catch up with last years Journal 52 prompts and so when inspired by other challenges I see if I can combine them and today this resulted in a page for WK 19 'Photography' about my love of coffee inspired by the Faber Castell 'Take the Challenge' which this month is 'your favourite beverage'.  The girls at work laugh because I never say no to a cup of coffee - they often don't even bother asking, just make me one anyway. At home I have a set of gorgeous (well I think so) large chunky mugs and I love them - so I have used photographs of these on my journal page
The background for my page is Gelatos in colours to match my mugs  (red cherry, green tea, blueberry, guava) applied in random blocks and blended into each other with coconut and chocolate which I've also run around the edges.   
I spritzed some coffee granules in a little bowl and splattered the resulting stained water with a paint brush across the page, added stamped and hand drawn details including drippy rings and a stamped sentiment - my moto for most days. 
I'm also sharing this at Country View Challenges - 'Drips and Drops' and Try it on Tuesday  - 'Add a photo' Thanks for stopping by - Happy crafting....Esther xx

6 comments:

  1. Great page and yes I love the coffee cups

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on the J 52 theme Esther. Love the sentiment.
    Yvonne xx
    p.s. Just noticed, thank you for joining us at TioT's as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Esther, this is a great journal page featuring your 'mugs'. Love your idea.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Esther
    Great looking page with your drippy circles and coffee mugs.
    Thanks for joining us this month at CVC.
    Smiles)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your coffee page - I am working on mine yet

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful page! I love the bright cheery colours! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Add a Photo' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails