Monday 16 March 2015

March Altered Calender page

Wow - Can't believe we're half way through March already. It means it's time for another page of our Altered Calenders for Darcy's Challenge. The rules for this month are -

1.. Keep a part of the original picture and incorporate that into your design
2, Technique - use a candle or wax crayon as a resist
3. Add a title, using letters or words cut from a magazine/leaflet in a ransom style.
4. Blog your calendar page and link up from March 1st 2015

My page for March started like this and I wasn't very inspired...
But I finally created this 
 I masked off the houses and set to with my acrylic paints. I've used the wax resist technique on the green at the bottom - colouring through a sequin waste stencil with a white crayon over pale green paint before adding a wash of forest moss distress stain which resisted the crayon. 
I used old book pages to cut window shapes, added stamping to the 'trees' and used grunge past through a stencil for the 'smoke'. My title is not very original but it was the best I could do - I'm a bit rubbish at coming up with them. I'm not really sure I'm completely happy with this page, think it needs more layers - but I've been unwell  after my wisdom tooth extraction so not firing on all cylinders. 

As well as Darcy's calender challenge I'm also linking up to  - 

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Crafting...Esther xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow that was a transformation. I love the bright sunny picture you created from such a dark start.
    Thanks for sharing.
    C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a fantastic idea and what a finish! I think all us crafters are surrounded by ''efforts'' and ''ideas'' we dare not share. I've done challenges within a closed group of altered art, usually beer mats, badges and things like this. But I've gained some inspiration from everyone so far and I'm sure there are more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did here! Very nice!
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is beautiful and such a transformation. I love all the houses and how you added the stamping to the trees. I think the shapes of the trees are adorable - the whole calendar page. You really did an amazing creation Esther. I am now a new follower as well.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media World. We hope you will join in our next challenge.

    Hugs and smiles
    Laine K
    DT Mixed Media World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so cool, that original page was so murky but it made for perfect houses, like it was meant to be. I love the huge circle trees, really fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wonderful, a happy little neighborhood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the transformation Esther! Thank you for joining us over at Pan Pastel UK and good luck.
    Tracy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic transformation love it .Thanks for playing along with MMWhugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails