Sunday 28 June 2015

Summer Sunshine

I've been joining in with the Journal Journey free online art class but it's been ages since I had any time and today I have just finished May's page. The monthly theme was 'If I ruled the world' and the lessons included techniques with water colours and making our own stamps. I've used inspiration from several other challenges to create a summer page representing my love of the beach. 
 The background is created using Gelatos and gesso similar to the technique below and the stamps are by Rogue Redhead. 
As well as a journal page each month I'm also keeping a separate technique journal for examples of the techniques from each months lessons that I try. I've used a couple of these techniques on my page - wiping stripes of paint from the beach huts and dabbing the sky with a baby wipe to create clouds. 

I'm sharing this page over here -
Unruly Paperarts - The great outdoors
Our Creative Corner - What makes you smile
Allsorts - Blue as the ocean
Artistic Stamper - Summer is on it's way

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Crafting....Esther xx

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for our theme this week Esther and I am totally in agreement with the wording round the top.

    It lovely to see you ate Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther, what a lovely summery card. Interesting techniques you tried for the sky and the sea. Thank you for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther, such a lovely page and I fully support your sentiment. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous, the gelato and gesso colouring is beautiful and it is very soothing but interesting and uplifting all at the same time. It reminds me of the beach huts in Cape Town where my brother lives. A most beautiful project and thank you for sharing it on Our Creative Corner that allowed me to come over here and have a closer look. Candice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails