Saturday 21 May 2016

Scrapped Gardens



Found time for another scrapbook page and these pictures are from a trip to Bath in 2006. We stayed in a beautiful little hotel where each room had a theme - ours was the garden room, for obvious reasons as it overlooked the pretty gardens. It rained pretty much all of our stay so we just gazed at the gardens from the windows. 
I used this sketch from Stuck?! sketch challenge as a starting point  - After creating water colour rings using a black Inktense pencil I stamped flowers which I also coloured with Inktense pencils and layered up a couple of papers from Dear Lizzy 'Documentary'. 
I don't have one of those fancy cutting machines but really like the look of the cut pieces so had a go at doing my own - I used my old Creative Memories cutting system which had been languishing forgotten in a drawer and it worked a treat, It took some careful working out and concentration but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. 
I added some patterned paper to a couple of the circles. 
I layered up Prima paper flowers using home made enamel dots in the centre - I've stamped on the cream flower to add a bit more yellow.  I felt the need for more texture so added some crackle paste through a stencil to the three tags and some stickles dots for a bit of bling. 
I will do a second page showing the hotel room and add some journalling as I haven't told the story of these photos on this page. 

As well as on the Stuck?! challenge I'm sharing my layout here - 

Happy crafting...Esther xx

15 comments:

  1. wonderful creation
    anandhirajan
    http://paintedprincesscollections.blogspsot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ingenious. It has worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, and your use of those CM circle cutters was a brilliant move! Love the photos, too! Thank you for Celebrating Your Style with Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Love your photo's and their placement. Rainy days make for the some of the best photography
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love dusting off old tools to make it work for a layout! Love those circles and the doodling! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh wow! Can't believe you cut that like so. Fabulous! Beautiful LO with the sketchy circle and gorgeous pics. Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page, I so love the ring of flowers! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful
    thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely page! Thanks for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Mojo this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very beautiful layout Esther, thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Mojo.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic page, love how you created the background. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous layout!!! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely layout Esther, what a beautiful place to stay the gardens look beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely layout! I'm very impressed with the circle mat you cut out! It all goes together so well. Thankyou for sharing this with us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails